Please feel free to contact Coops with your questions about anything related to the venue and policies. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions.

What is Coop’s Event Barn doing for COVID-19 Preparedness ?
We are doing the best we can to follow the CDC and MDH guidelines to mitigate your risk while attending or working at an event.

Masks and face coverings: As of July 25, 2020, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses and public indoor spaces, per Executive Order 20-81. (This includes during mingling and dancing). Additionally, the Executive Order requires workers to wear a face covering when working outdoors in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained. The Executive Order includes exemptions for people who are unable to wear or tolerate a face covering due to medical or mental health conditions or other reasons. There are also situations in which a face covering may be temporarily removed, such as when eating or drinking, provided that social distancing is maintained between members of different parties and the face covering is put back on when not eating or drinking. Businesses and venues may choose to have more protective requirements than those in the Executive Order. Coop’s will provide you with a disposable mask if you do not have one.

Hand sanitation stations, tissues and waste cans are placed near entrances to buildings for your frequent use.

Signage:Hand-washing” and “stop the spread” and COVID19 symptoms CDC posters will be posted throughout the property.  If you have any questions or more information, please don’t hesitate to call Keith Cooper 507-696-3280.

Occupancy: our indoor occupancy must not exceed 50% of total occupancy.

Can a wedding party get ready at the venue?

Yes, there are two climate controlled wedding party preparation lounges and one has a private bathroom.

Is there a dance floor?

There is no dedicated dance floor but dances take place in the loft, outside under the lights, or inside on the main barn floor.

Are there separate areas for the ceremony and reception?

Yes, there are areas for both reception and ceremony, as well as flexibility in the event of rain.  There are many options to suit your style and Coops will work with you to plan according to your desires.

What backdrops are available for my wedding portraits?

Coops is always enhancing the grounds and buildings to optimize photo opportunities.  Please refer to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see photos from Coops.

What is your season of operation?

Coops event season starts in mid-May and goes through the last weekend in October.

Do you have an on-site catering service?

Coops does not have on-site catering but you may choose your own licensed caterer. Ask Coops for a recommendation.

Are alcoholic beverages permitted on your premises?

Yes as long as clients adhere to the Minnesota state laws pertaining to the sale and service of alcohol you may have it at your event.  Please contact us for details and for a list of vendors.

Do you only host weddings? What about other events?

Coop’s provides an excellent space for all types of gatherings. Please contact us for a tour and consultation for your special gathering.

Do you have permanent restrooms?

Yes there are restrooms and they are wheelchair accessible.

Are your facilities climate controlled?

Both wedding party prep lounges have heat and air conditioning.  The barn can also be heated on chilly days.  Fan and open windows and doors help cool the barn on warm days.

Do you allow RVs and camping?

Coops is not permitted to have guests camp on site. Guests wishing to bring RVs can check with Coops in advance and for advice on some parking solutions.  Call 507-696-3280